Patrick Phelan is a British sound designer and composer. Along with Neil Biggin, Darren Lambourne and composer Chris Adams, he was responsible for the sound design of the 1996 video game Realms of the Haunting.
Patrick joined Gremlin Interactive in the early 1990s and along with fellow composer Neil Biggin has contributed audio content for many of the developer's projects, such as Zool (1993), Top Gear 2 (1993), Litil Devil (1994), Whiplash (1995), VR Soccer '96 (1995), Slipstream 5000 (1995),Loaded (1995) and Normaliy (1996).
Apart from his work on Realms of the Haunting, Patrick has also been involved in the following productions:
- Utopia: The Creation of a Nation (1993)
- Sandwarriors (1997)
- Judge Dredd (1997)
- Fragile Allegiance (1997)
- Hardwar (1998)
- Soulbringer (2000)
- Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (2001)
- Micro Machines (2002)
- Driver '76 (2007)
- Doctor Who: City of the Daleks (2010)
- LittleBigPlanet 3 (2014)
- Forza Horizon 2 (2014)
At present, Patrick is Executive Director at the Sheffield-based independent game development studio Sumo Digital, which was co-founded by Darren Mills, a fellow crew member from the Gremlin and Realms of the Haunting days.
- Patrick's developer entry on Moby Games
- Patrick's entry on the English wikipedia
- Patrick featured on the Gremlin Archive